Friday, October 26, 2012

As Long As You Love Me

Some of my earliest and happiest memories are with my father. It would be late at night and we would be standing in the middle of our family room. He would be holding a pretend microphone in his hand and would announce to our imagined audience, "Welcome to the Starlight Lounge, performing a song tonight is...Whitney Tessers!" I would sing and then he would sing. We would sing Disney duets. And it was magical.

I grew up performing and I loved every second of it. Still, I never felt good enough. There's always someone better than you, right? In college, my dreams of being in some kind of musical major never panned out, and I started doubting myself. Yet I missed being on stage. And I felt more and more guilty in the fact that I wasn't sharing a talent my Heavenly Father gave to me. 

I have always been too concerned about what people will think of me and my singing when I share it. Those thoughts have always held me back... 

But not anymore. I miss it too much. So I'm sharing this video for me, and because I had fun making it. And, of course, because we all know how much I love Justin Bieber.

Here is to doing things for yourself and not caring about what others think.

FandA,
Whit



1 comment:

  1. WoW!! You Rock!! Share your talent with the World!!

    ReplyDelete