Wednesday, October 23, 2013

school spirit

I went back to my Alma Mater, Newport Harbor High, to do this "school spirit" themed shoot. I love the way it turned out. My cousin, Alex, is such an amazing budding photographer. I figured with the letterman-style sweater, this location would be perfect. 

I felt so nostalgic walking through those old hallways. You see that black and white picture up there, in the hallway full of lockers? That's Dodge Hall where I had French with Mrs. Wodark and math with Mr. McCarty. I used to fall going down (and even up!) those stairs in that building. I used to meet my very first boyfriend, there, during our ten minute morning break time when we first started going out. And since the bathroom upstairs was right next to Mrs. Wodark's classroom, it was the bathroom my best friend and I stopped to reapply lipgloss from our Stila lip pots before lunch. 

It was interesting being back. It was as if my mind had pulled out an old picture book, like the ones that are full of dust and yellowing pages, and slowly cracked that book open to reveal pictures I had forgotten my mind had taken. 

The ability to reminisce is a beautiful part of the mind, but remember that there is nothing more beautiful than the here and now. Thanks for reading!

3 comments: