Monday, October 7, 2013

Chicago: Part II

My mom, sister, and I spent part of one of the days in Bucktown/Wicker Park. We got there through the subway system, which was an adventure in itself. The area was a fun place to go shopping/walking around because it is full of local boutiques and eateries that are only found in Chicago. We stumbled upon the cutest shop full of homemade bath and body products, similar to Lush, but way cuter. The soap bars are shaped as cakes and cupcakes - a girly girl's paradise! The cute shop owner had even created a candle that when the wax has melted after being lit for a few minutes, you can use it as a warm, soothing lotion! Best. Idea. Ever! She has an online shop, mojospa.com, that you can buy all her products at! We then ate at the Bongo Room, which my mom and sister agree have the best banana pancakes you will ever eat.



That next day, Saturday, we went on a boat tour of Chicago through the river that runs through the city. No one knew that the tour would be on some crazy speedboat that would end up getting my whole right side drenched. I was already in a bad mood, so that didn't help any. If I wasn't in a bad mood and the tour was on a regular boat instead of some crazy, splash mountain-esque ride, I probably would have enjoyed myself.

That night was the wedding, and it was beautiful. It was one of those weddings that seems like it should have been in a movie. A little chapel on a street corner in the city with a beautiful, traditional Catholic ceremony. After, everyone waits outside on either side of the steps for the stunning bride and her groom to smile happily as they float down the chapel steps and into a trolley car. That's really what it was like. I got to take a few pictures of my outfit while we were waiting. I'm loving the wine color trend, lately. And isn't my dad handsome!





No comments:

Post a Comment