Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All I Need


Hello, friends. It feels like the length between my posts keeps getting longer and longer, but I do have some new things coming this way to this blog of mine. For tonight, though, I wanted to write a little bit about something that has been on my mind lately.

Have any of you read, The Five Languages of Love? If I can recall correctly, they are: time, service, gifts, words of affirmation, and touch. For me, I feel most loved when someone gives me his or her time. There really are very few things that make me feel more fulfilled and loved than having one on one time with a person I care about (whether it be my husband, friend, or family member). That time gives me the chance to genuinely connect and weave together more and more of those "invisible threads" that Nietzsche believes to be the "strongest ties."

So, with that said and in the most sincere and nicest way possible: 

To all I have loved, love, and will love, 

I do not need a hug.
I do not need a compliment.
I do not need your money or gifts.
And I do not need you to do my dishes if I make you a meal.

All I could ever want and need is to spend time with you. Tell me what you need so we can both feel loved, too.

Always and Forever,
Whit


No comments:

Post a Comment