Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chicago: Part I

It's been too long since my last post on this blog! I had the opportunity to travel to Chicago with my family for my cousin's wedding and to visit my little sister, who goes to school there. These are the highlights of my first day there with my mom.

 First stop, "The Bean," formally called "The Cloud Gate," located in Millennium Park. Fun for pictures and "mirrored selfies" in its' reflective surface.





From there, we went to the John Hancock Observatory to see the 360 degree view of the city from the 94th floor. It was expensive and it got a bit hot up there, but the view was one of a kind. I probably wouldn't do it again, but I am glad we went. Not to mention, the fun photo opportunity at the end was definitely worth the trip.






After the observatory, my mom and I walked down "Miracle Mile" admiring the beautiful architecture and the creative floral arrangements along the sidewalks. That street is a dream and a shopper's paradise. Later that night, my mom and I met one of my friends/college roommates (who lives there, now, with her husband) at RPM. To be honest, we didn't love it, but it is always fun to go to a new restaurant and catch up with an old friend!










1 comment: