Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Highlights

With the summer coming to an end, I have to say that it was the most memorable summer I've ever had. It began with a move all the way across the country. After being away from home for five years, I never realized until I got here just how much I missed it. I love seeing the sunsets. I love the shadows of the dozens of swaying palm trees at dusk. I love the sunshine, and the way the light is constantly flowing into every corner of our one bedroom apartment. I love the cool, ocean breeze at night. But most of all, I have loved being near family. There is nothing in the world quite like it. Here are my summer highlights...so far!

Right after our move, my family went to Utah to be a part of Arie and Robbie's wedding. Arie is one of my oldest and closest friends, and her mom and dad are my mom and dad's best friends. She got married in the Manti temple and then had a GORGEOUS wedding reception the following day.


We then came back to CA to celebrate my sister's high school graduation a little over a week later. A fun celebration with all the family was held at my grandma and grandpa's house.


Less than a week after that, my family AND Arie's family traveled to Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora to indulge in a vacation of a lifetime. And to celebrate my mom's 50th! Most memorable moment: swimming with stingrays and lemon sharks. Oh, and crazy dancing to One Direction...


Back in California, I took Cory to the OC Fair. It was his first time! We only rode one ride (my favorite - the one that spins around and around and the person sitting on the outside of the car gets CRUSHED, which happened to be Cory) because tickets for rides are SO expensive! We then saw my favorite band, Emblem 3, and I couldn't help but scream out like a teenage girl how much I love them. What can I say? They've got the moves...


 At the end of July, we celebrated my dad's birthday. He wanted to do some form of charity so he decided we would go to Palace Park (I guess now called Boomers), win as many tickets as possible, then give them away to a little kid at the end. Now my dad took Kimberly and I to Palace Park all the time when we were little, and he was always so good at winning all the jackpots. We decided that we would pair off into teams to see who could win the most tickets. Looks like the student surpassed the master because I was the one winning the jackpots this time! We then went to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor and celebrated even more when we got home. Fifty-one and he is still a kid at heart...


Less than a week later, Cor and I went to Utah to celebrate his sister, Ally, and her fiance, Zach's, wedding. They got married in the Draper temple and it was the most beautiful ceremony. Cory and I couldn't stop talking about how much we loved what the sealer had said before marrying them. Later that night, the reception was held at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course, and Cor and I danced the night away! The rest of the weekend, Cory and I went back to Provo and reminisced about the days when we were first dating at BYU.



Three days after that, we were back in California and celebrating my sister's 18th birthday. She wanted to do the celebrations, here, in LA so we ate at Bottega Louie in Downtown LA. I need to go back for their french desserts, especially the macarons! We then came back to our apartment where we indulged in Georgetown Cupcakes and Milk Jar Cookies - too good for words!


And finally, the One Direction concert two days later. Where do I begin? My cousin, Alex, is obsessed. But obsessed in the coolest meaning. She knows everything there is to know about them and where they are ALL THE TIME. So many people want to know everything that she knows, that she has one of the top twitter update accounts and all these other technological update/picture/etc accounts that I can't even begin to understand. Her dad knows someone who knows someone who pulled a bunch of strings and got us floor seats, row 15! I was so lucky to get to be a part of the night and act like a teenage girl (for the second time this summer) with my sister and two cousins. Highlight of the night: No joke, one of the members of the opening act (Five Seconds of Summer, whom I also have become a fan of) pointed at me. And no, it wasn't at a girl in my direction. It so was me. Wanna know how I know? OK, so the house lights came on and we locked eyes for a bit. Then he pointed at me, so with a bit of a "who, me?" look on my face, I pointed back. AND THEN he nodded and pointed BACK TO ME. I'm such a freak, I know. But I loved it. I loved it all.

 
So far, it's been a crazy and amazing summer. And guess what? I've finished school so my summer doesn't have to end just yet! With the California weather, we can enjoy summer even longer. Cory's and my TWO YEAR wedding anniversary is on Monday, too! Can't wait to share what we decide to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment