Sunday, September 8, 2013

This Weekend Part I: Chinatown



When my dad and my sister first went to Chicago, in order to make sure it was where she wanted to go to school, they came back raving about this little place called Wow Bao. Apparently these pastries filled with both sweet and savory options were amazing. Now that Kim is in Chicago, she keeps talking about them! Even though I'm going out to visit her at the end of the month, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I figured that Chinatown is only a 20 minute drive, so why not find these little bao buns? So that's what Cor and I did! We ate a delicious BBQ pork baked bao, a chicken bao, and a sweet cream bao. The above picture is the sweet cream bao and Cory's "I just can't get over that it looks like an egg" face. After stuffing ourselves with bao (only a $7 meal for the both of us!), we decided to explore Chinatown and walk off our bao bellies.


I asked Cor if he would take the picture of us...
Take 1: Finger blocking my face.


Take 2: Finger purposely blocking my face.


Take 3: Finger still in the frame, but I'll take it. Then a nice lady came up and asked if we wanted her to take the picture. Clearly...

Chinatown was a fun and surprisingly romantic adventure. I'll definitely be back for those BBQ pork baked baos...MMMMM!




No comments:

Post a Comment